* Songwriters' Contest - Rules 2017
Rules - 2017
1. Entry is free for Peninsula Folk Club Members. All other entries incur a $10 fee.
(Entrants who are not short-listed will have their entry fee refunded.)
2. The song, both tune and words, must be an original written in the folk genre by the entrant and must have been composed within the last 12 calendar months prior to the Competition date.
3. The songwriter does not have to perform the song written but can nominate another person to perform it on their behalf.
4. As this is a Songwriting Contest, performance will be by ONE voice and ONE acoustic instrument. It is permissible to have two people performing the song. Any acoustic instrument can be used to present the song, the only exception is that an electric keyboard is allowed, in piano mode only with no effects or pre-recorded sound.
5. A copy of the song's words plus an audio recording of the song (CD, memory stick or MP 3 file) plus name and contact number must be forwarded to:
The Secretary, Peninsula Folk Club by 15th of May for acceptance. (See notes below)
6. All entrants will be advised if they have or have not made the final which will be on Sunday 4th June. Order of performance will be by ballot.
7. The Peninsula Folk Club has the right to refuse any entry on the basis that the content is, in the opinion of the committee, unsuitable.
8. The Judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into..!!.
1. The audio recording does not have to be of professional quality. A home recording done with a computer and free software such as Audacity should give satisfactory results.
2. The recording will be used only in the short-listing process.
3. If you need any help with the recording, please contact the Secretary. We may be able to advise or assist.
A copy of the rules can be downloaded by clicking this link: Rules 2017.
A copy of the entry form can be downloaded by clicking this link: Entry Form.